This event will open up the possibility for you to create a strong and lasting network of useful acquaintances by the use of these strategies and behaviours. Prepare for a challenging, revealing, stimulating and extremely rewarding day.
Junior managers, supervisors, line managers, team leaders, administrators – anyone who needs to build a network of strong and positive relationships.
Delegates will learn how to:
By the end of this course you will be able to:
• Begin building your network.
• Extend your network.
• Get noticed.
• Build relationships.
• Gain trust.
• Strengthen the relationships.
• Make the network operate to your benefit.
Nature of Networks
• Identifying types of network
• How networks behave
Expanding Your Networks
• Using your current contacts to gain access
• Identifying areas of mutual interest
• Looking outside your immediate area for opportunities to expand your contact list using the internet
• Other remote methods of attracting networks
Joining and Leaving Groups
• Identifying desired groups
• Using current contacts
• Validating your entry into the group
• The power of the volunteer
• Moving on whilst maintaining the relationship
Breaking the Ice
• How to create a good impression
• Selecting powerful openings
• Sound and impact
• Creating alliances
• Impact without offence
• Identifying key subject areas
• Use of questioning
• How to prompt a response
Finding Common Ground
• Making a similar sound
• Triggering mutual engagement
• Identifying positive, common interests and experiences
• Avoiding the one-upmanship game
Keeping the Conversation Going
• How to bring some energy to the conversation
• Changing pace
• Using stories, asking questions
• Building trust
Strengthening the Relationship
• Making it personal
• Building up positive credits
• Building obligation