This certification is aimed at people involved with the management and control of Service Transition and, as such, does not cover process details in great depth. (For that level of information see the ITIL Expert Qualification: Release, Control and Validation Certificate).
• individuals who have attained the ITIL Foundation certificate in Service Management, and who wish to advance to higher level ITIL certifications including ITIL Expert and ITIL Master
• individuals who require a understanding of Service Transition and how it enhances the quality of IT service within an organisation
• anyone involved in the ongoing management, coordination or integration of Transitional activities within the Service Lifecycle
Possesion of one of the following:
• ITIL v3 or 2011 Foundation
• ITIL v2 Foundation and v2/v3 Foundation Bridge.
Failure to comply to these pre-requisites will result in delegates results being withheld by the BCS.
On attending the course please ensure you provide documented evidence that you have passed the ITIL Foundation course by either presenting your certificate (or a copy of your certificate) to the course lecturer. If you cannot provide the physical certificate, then as a minimum you must provide the certificate number. Failure to comply to these pre-requisites will result in delegates results being withheld by the BCS.
You will receive electronic pre-course reading. Delegates should spend a minimum half an hour reviewing the document and are encouraged to explore all of the links provided for further reading. Success on the course will be enhanced by delegates spending at least 21 hours on reviewing their ITIL Foundation material prior to attending one of the ITIL Intermediate 'Lifecycle' courses.
If taking an exam, delegates are required to provide Photo ID with a valid signature e.g. driving license, passport or named work ID badges prior to sitting their exam. Failure to produce this ID will result in their exam results being withheld until proof of ID is provided to the BCS. Please note that if proof is not provided within 40 days, candidate's exam results will be null and void and a re-sit would be required.
BCS Reasonable Adjustments Policy:
All delegates requiring any additional assistance with exams must be aware of the BCS Reasonable Adjustments Policy. Prior notice and proof of any additional support must be requested in writing 3 weeks prior to attending any BCS course. Delegates failing to advise Envision of any special requirements may result in additional support not being provided.
• Introduction to Service Transition
• Service Transition Principles
• Transition Planning and Support
• Change Management
• Service Asset and Configuration Management
• Release and Deployment Management
• Service Validation and Testing
• Change Evaluation
• Knowledge Management
• Managing people through service transitions
• Organising for Service Transition
• Technology considerations
• Implementation and improvement of Service Transition
• Challenges, critical success factors and risks
Please be aware, this course also provides 21 Hours of Contact Education/Professional Development Units towards PMI PMP certification/re-certification.
|Course Duration||3 Days|