A senior leadership style diagnostic profile is used as one of the techniques to help construct a tailored leadership development plan during the course. This is coupled with group and individual feedback, challenging exercises and practical strategy tools that are ready to run in the workplace on your return.
This course will benefit those new to senior management, or who wish to expand and consolidate their skills in a senior role.
You will complete a pre-course questionnaire before attendance to enable ‘in the moment’ tailoring of course materials. Also there are short evening activities to complete between day one and two.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
• Define the differences between senior management and operational management.
• Adapt existing leadership skills into a more empowered and creative approach to leadership.
• Develop your ability to think in visionary terms.
• Understand the issues and dilemmas now facing organisations at a strategic level.
• Recognise the key principles of process management.
• Set objectives and manage performance in relation to the organisation as a whole.
Course Outline Making the Change to Senior Management
• The challenges and opportunities facing new senior managers
• Taking the organisational perspective
• Changes in the business environment
• Your organisation and the business environment
• Your role in relation to your organisation’s objectives as a whole
• Working with and understanding the power and influence of stakeholders
• Dealing with uncertainty and complexity Business Management
• Working and influencing across the organisation
• Long term business planning - taking a longer term perspective
• Developing a broader outlook - changing mindset Process Management
• Adapting and developing new skills to manage process changes
• How to transform business processes for sustained competitive advantage
• Understanding the fundamental differences between radical transformation and continuous improvement
• The key principles and concepts of process transformation Performance Management
• A strategic view of performance management
• Managing performance and setting objectives in relation to the organisation as a whole People Management
• Managing other managers: the new skills this role demands
• Adapting existing leadership skills into a more empowered and creative approach to leadership
• Creating an effective people management strategy
• Directing versus managing people
• Acquiring or refreshing your coaching skills to bring out the best in others
|Course Duration||2 Days|