This course is highly interactive, practical and yet supportive. It uses many different forms of learning to develop assertiveness skills and lift self-confidence to enable you to work more effectively.
This course provides practical guidance for anyone who needs to develop their assertiveness skills for a range of workplace situations. You will gain the tools and techniques to make requests assertively, say 'no' to unreasonable demands, proactively address problems in the workplace, and to boost your confidence and build your self-esteem.
At the end of this course, you will leave with a personal action plan identifying the key changes needed to be made, the skills to practise in order to build your self-esteem, build your self-confidence and improve your assertiveness techniques.
If you want to become more effective at making requests of others, saying 'no' to unreasonable demands, or generally improving your level of assertiveness and increase your confidence and self-esteem then this course will give you the guidance you need.
Delegates will learn how to:
By the end of this course you will be able to:
• Make requests assertively.
• Say 'no' to unreasonable requests or assertively agree a solution.
• Identify your own strengths and areas for development in terms of assertive behaviour at work.
• Use your body language more effectively to support assertive communication.
• Use self-confidence building techniques to reduce negativity and increase self-esteem.
Understanding Assertive Behaviour
• Defining assertiveness in the workplace
• Identify the link between assertiveness and work/life balance
• Identifying behaviours linked with assertiveness
• Introduction to assertiveness techniques to say 'no' and make requests
Recognise the Link Between Assertiveness, Confidence and Self-esteem
• Distinguishing between assertive, aggressive and passive behaviour
• Self-assessment of your style – the associated strengths and weaknesses
• Recognising your own style and behaviours
• Techniques to build self-esteem and confidence
Handle Challenging Situations and People Confidently and Assertively
• Tackling barriers to assertiveness
• Confronting individual challenges which occur in the workplace
• Working proactively to prevent future challenges in the workplace
• Giving and receiving constructive feedback
Assertiveness and Body Language
• Taking control through positive body language
• Responding appropriately to the body language of others in the workplace
• Using assertive and positive language – making your message clear
• Building rapport to maintain relationships
Planning Your Personal Strategy for Dealing with Assertive Behaviour
• Developing a personal action plan for using the robust tools and techniques learned from the course to increase your assertiveness, self-esteem and self-confidence
|Course Duration||2 Days|