This workshop is designed for anyone wishing to gain a deeper understanding of how cultural diversity works, the impact it has on an organisation and practical ways of implementing it in the workplace.
Delegates will learn how to:
By the end of this course you will be able to:
• Consider the impact of cultural diversity in your day to day work
• Explain the meaning of diversity and how to work effectively with diversity in the workplace.
• Explore how the environment in which we live shapes our personal beliefs, values and preferences and affects our attitude and responses to diversity
• Identify the link between cultural diversity, business strategy and organisational success
• Apply tools and techniques to support implementation of cultural diversity in the workplace
Cultural Awareness and Diversity in Context
• Defining diversity – the importance of difference in the workplace
• Understanding preconceptions – how do they influence our interactions?
• What is cultural awareness and how does it work with diversity?
• Making the links to my role
• The links between values, attitudes and culture
• Development of the ’cultural layers’
• What’s your culture – how would others define you? How would you define yourself?
The Culture Paradigm
• Recognising how different cultures are manifest within an organisation
• Identifying how cultures and subcultures are embedded within your organisation – are they desired cultures and how do they fit with the business strategy?
Implementing Cultural Diversity in the Workplace
• How to promote an inclusive working environment
• Tools and techniques for challenging inappropriate and non aligned behaviour