This course is suitable for individuals who are required to run, conduct and lead any kind of meeting and who wish to achieve success.
Delegates will learn how to:
By the end of this practical one-day course, you will be able to:
• Structure and conduct meetings to achieve objectives and avoid wasting time.
• Identify, understand and apply the PPCM approach.
• Encourage contributions from all participants.
• Develop communication skills and efficiently conduct professional meetings.
• Deal with difficult situations or members.
• Overcome the difficulties caused by technology in meetings.
Efficient Meeting Preparation
• Identifying the different types of meetings
• Isolating the common problems and difficulties that occur in meetings
• Structuring the various phases of the meeting
• Identifying clearly the role and responsibilities of the chairperson
• Adopting the appropriate tone and structure
Lead Effective Meetings with the PPCM Approach
• Pertinence: what the purpose is, other possibilities of meeting people
• Preparation: clarifying and communicating the agenda, topics, duration, commitments, logistics
• Conduct: the techniques to lead and involve the team in the meeting
• Measure: who should draw up the minutes of the meeting
Conduct a Meeting Effectively
• Using various techniques to make people interact with each other
• Dealing with problematic attendees
• Controlling flow and time
• Encouraging participation from all attendees
Technology in Meetings
• Points to consider for a successful virtual meeting
• Personalised feedback and input on how to make your virtual meetings work
Develop Communications Skills
• Questioning and listening techniques
• Identifying the key message and the needs of the audience
• Developing your personality to build rapport more easily and successfully
• Practising persuasion techniques to feel more confident in dealing with others
• Handling misunderstandings
• Maintaining assertiveness
Give Constructive Feedback
• Pursuing effective reviews
• Mastering summarising techniques