This course will introduce you to the business benefits of understanding your own and others' Emotional Intelligence and using it to your advantage.
This workshop is designed to help you develop your self-awareness of how you come across to others. You will be challenged to be open and honest both in receiving feedback on others’ perception of you, and also in giving feedback to other members of the group. It will help you to project the image and impression you want to create in the workplace.
If you’re looking to improve your interpersonal relationships and reflect on what you are currently achieving compared to what you want to achieve, this workshop will give you the environment, support and guidance to create your personal strategy for improvement.
You will be required to complete an emotions log before attending the workshop and bring them with you on the first day of the workshop.
These tools will help you identify your strengths and personal development areas allowing you to address them with a tailored plan by the end of the workshop.
Delegates will learn how to:
• Analyse your perception of yourself and how that correlates with that portrayed to others.
• Identify your strengths and weaknesses in interpersonal relationships and methods to build and develop them.
• Handle criticism more effectively and display more assertive behaviours.
• Understand how emotions affect behaviour and leave with strategies to control your own emotions whilst relating to other peoples.
• Recognise different social styles in practice and how they affect the communication process.
• Understand why and how conflict arises and how to deal with it effectively.
• Develop a strategy so you can personally apply the skills and techniques to your own situations.
Perception of Yourself and the Image Portrayed to Others
• Identifying the ‘emotional footprint’ you want to leave with others
• Presenting your point of view - helping others shape and develop their ideas of you
Defining and using Emotional Intelligence
• What is Emotional Intelligence (EI)?
• Using and developing EI in the workplace
• The business benefits of using EI in the workplace
Your Strengths and Weaknesses and Tips and Techniques
• The dynamics of interpersonal relationships
• The essence of assertiveness and its value for you personally and in the workplace
• Adopting appropriate body language and voice tone to be consistent with the message you intend
Social Styles in Practice
• What are the different social styles and which is your comfort zone?
• How do you display this preference and how does that affect your communication with others?
• How to develop flexibility between the styles to build more effective relationships with all styles
Dealing with Conflict
• How to deal successfully with negative behaviour
• Understanding the need for conflict and how to use it to your advantage
• Handling personal attacks professionally and dealing with sensitive issues confidently
• Making positive changes in your interpersonal style to fit your personal strategy
• Developing your skills when giving and receiving feedback
• Practising active listening skills and effective questioning techniques