Facilitation has become an increasingly important part of the manager’s role. This one-day course will provide you with the knowledge, skills, and a variety of techniques used by effective facilitators.
This course is suitable for managers and professionals from all sectors who facilitate groups or teams and are enthusiastic to develop their potential to achieve successful team/group outcomes.
Delegates will learn how to:
By the end of this course you will be able to:
• Define facilitation.
• Identify the role, responsibilities, skills and qualities of an effective facilitator.
• Assess your current skills against a range of facilitation styles.
• Enable effective group processes through gathering key information and making interventions.
• Achieve consensus and understand your own impact on the group.
• Maintain energy and participation in a group.
• Recognise and deal with conflict and differences within a group.
Defining the Characteristics of Effective Facilitation
• Define facilitation - the purpose and process of facilitation
• The benefits of facilitation to others and to the business
• Establish the role of the facilitator
• The skills and qualities of an effective facilitator
How to Structure a Facilitated Session
• The stages of effective facilitation
• Clarifying outcomes with the group
• Assigning and understanding roles and responsibilities within the group
• Tracking progress made by the group and individuals
• Keeping control of time and action points
Communication Skills for Facilitators
• Listen and question - to pick up clues and signs from the group
• Facilitation skills to keep the group engaged
• Motivate and sustain the group
• Assertively control the group to keep focus on the outcomes
• Recognise when decisions need to be taken
The Dynamics of the Group
• Learn how to observe and understand group behaviour
• Identify participants needs and expectations
• Ensure engagement of all
• Guide the group to solutions and decisions
• Differentiate between constructive and destructive criticism
• Adopt positive techniques for handling conflict
• Techniques for dealing with difficult people and groups
|Course Duration||1 Day|