This one-day course gives you the core skills that will help develop confidence to deliver and receive feedback effectively. Using a simple seven-step technique this course provides plenty of practical opportunities to develop this essential skill for a workplace professional.
Any individual who has to give feedback as part of their role. This course will also cover how to receive feedback effectively.
Delegates should bring a real-life scenario with them to the programme to enable them to practise and prepare techniques for use back in the workplace
Delegates will learn how to:
By the end of this course you will be able to:
• Define feedback and when it should be used.
• Deliver appropriate feedback to your colleagues in a range of situations.
• Give balanced feedback using a seven-step feedback model.
• Build rapport and empathy with your colleagues in feedback situations.
Building Blocks of Effective Feedback
• What is effective feedback?
• When to deliver feedback
• The benefits of feedback
• Defining feedback – the difference between praise and feedback
• Constructive feedback to develop individuals
• Instant feedback vs formal feedback
Your Feedback Model
• Preparing for the feedback meeting
• Introducing the seven-step feedback planner
• Feedback planning and model practice
• Receiving feedback to develop
• Setting SMART objectives to ensure action
Essential Interpersonal Skills for Feedback
• The power of questioning to gather information
• Demonstrating listening through Emotional Intelligence
• The mysteries of body language – revealed
• Summarising to check understanding
Handling the Receiver's Reactions to Feedback
• Understanding life positions and remaining assertive
• Helping the receiver give their own feedback
• Staying neutral not emotional
• Overcoming resistance, denial and aggression when giving feedback
• Preparing an action plan for use in the workplace
|Course Duration||1 Day|