Delivered by fully accredited trainers and industry leading experts with extensive experience of using MSP, the course includes a relevant, modern case study to help delegates to understand how to apply the MSP way of managing programmes in the real world. There is also plenty of opportunity to present their exercise results and discuss them with the rest of the class, thus gaining further knowledge from many different points of view in many different industries.
Delegates should ideally have experience of managing or working in programmes prior to attending. Knowledge of the PRINCE2® project management method is advantageous but by no means mandatory, but some exposure to a project management method will aid understanding of how the programme works with these projects.
The success on the course will be enhanced by close attention to the pre-reading materials. It is recommended that candidates spend 10 hours working through the pre-reading.
If you have not received your pre-reading material within one week of the start of your course, please contact your Account Manager.
Additional work will be required during evenings consisting of consolidation reading, mock examination questions and exercises. This evening work is an integral part of the course and delegates should expect to spend 2 hours each evening on these activities.
Please note: You must bring signed photo ID with you on any BCS exam (passport, driving licence, student card) as you will be asked to produce it by the invigilator prior to the exam.
Delegates will learn how to:
At the end of this course you will be able to:
• understand the principles and structure of MSP
• understand the benefits of a structured method in a changing environment
• explain the MSP process model
• understand the MSP themes
• create a Programme brief
• create a Programme organisation structure
• engage with stakeholders at all levels
• understand the vision and the blueprint and how they can be applied to the best advantage
• apply progress control mechanisms
• appreciate the principles of programme level quality and risk Management
• realise the importance of configuration management
• rune MSP for differing environments
• apply the theory of MSP to different programme scenarios
MSP Philosophy and structure
• What is a programme and how it differs to both business as usual and project work
• Relationship between the MSP Principles, Governance Themes and the Transformational Flow.
The 7 MSP Principles
• Remaining aligned with corporate strategy
• Leading change
• Envisioning and communicating a better future
• Focusing on benefits and threats to them
• Adding Value
• Designing and delivering a coherent capability
• Learning from experience
The 9 MSP Governance Themes
• Leadership and stakeholder engagement
• Benefits management
• Blueprint design and delivery
• Planning and control
• The Business case
• Risks and issue management
• Quality and assurance management
The 6 MSP Transformational Flow Processes
• Identifying a programme
• Defining a programme
• Managing the tranche
• Delivering the capability
• Realising the benefits
• Closing a programme
This course includes the cost of the foundation examination which is sat at 3pm during the 3rd day of the course. Please bring along photographic ID on your exam day.
• 75 multiple choice questions
• 1 hour
• Candidates require a minimum of 35 correct answers (50%) to pass
MSP® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS
|Course Duration||3 Days|