Overview: This two-day course provides delegates with a thorough understanding of the Managing Successful Programmes (MSP) Practitioner level examination, allowing them to attempt the practitioner examination thoroughly prepared. The course includes the MSP practitioner examination.
This course will enable delegates to understand the examination requirements of the MSP practitioner examination, analyse the questions in the examination and the scenario given to gain the most information from it. They will understand how to best manage their time within the examination and understand the principles and structure of MSP. Delivered by fully accredited trainers and industry leading experts with extensive experience of using MSP, the course includes examples of the practitioner exam and walk through exercises of how to analyse and attempt the questions in them.
• Delegates should ideally have experience of managing or working in programmes prior to attending. Knowledge of the PRINCE2® project management method is advantageous but by no means mandatory, but some exposure to a project management method will aid understanding of how the programme works with these projects.
• Equally, anyone wishing to attain industry-leading programme management qualifications should attend these courses
• You will need to provide evidence that you have passed your Foundation examination prior to sitting your Practitioner examination. Please bring your candidate number and/or certificate to your course to show the invigilator. If you cannot provide your candidate number and/or certificate, please contact us on +44 (0)115 8705075
• Please note: You must bring signed photo ID with you on any BCS exam (passport, driving licence, student card) as you will be asked to produce it by the invigilator prior to the exam.
• Delegates will be provided with pre-course reading material by email prior to attending the course. This pre-reading provides a mixture of theory, sample questions and application of MSP to a programme situation. Success on the course will be enhanced by close attention to the pre-reading materials so it is recommended that delegates spend approximately 10 hours working through the pre-reading.
• If you have not received your pre-reading material within one week of the start of your course, please contact your Account Manager
This fully accredited course provides you with a thorough understanding of the MSP programme management methodology, providing you with the skills needed to confidently use MSP to manage programmes in line with strategic aims of a business and its day to day running. The course includes tutor support, examination practice and your Practitioner exam.
The performance of a successful MSP Practitioner delegate is that delegates need to exhibit the competences required for the Foundation qualification and show that they can apply the MSP guidance in a relatively uncomplicated programme within a programme environment.
Specifically, successful delegates should be able to:
MSP Philosophy and structure
The 7 MSP Principles
The 9 MSP Governance Themes
The 6 MSP Transformational Flow Processes
Viewing the MSP Practitioner eLearning product and attempting all the exercises that we recommend will take approximately 15 hours with some additional reading. Throughout the learning, references for recommended reading are provided, and as everyone learns at different paces, this study duration is guidance only - but that is not to say you can't do it as many times as you like within your twelve month period.
MSP® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS
|Course Duration||2 Days|