This Foundation course includes the PRINCE2 Foundation exam, and by working with world-class organisations, we are uniquely able to bring you a course that will give you the best opportunity to develop your project management career and deliver PRINCE2 projects confidently and competently.
The purpose of the Foundation qualification is to confirm that a delegates has sufficient knowledge and understanding of the PRINCE2 method to be able to work effectively with, or as a member of, a project management team working within an environment supporting PRINCE2. The Foundation qualification is also a pre-requisite for the Practitioner qualification.
- Unique multimedia pre-course orientation and support designed to help you quickly understand the PRINCE2 method in a practical environment
- The official PRINCE2 manual: 'Managing Successful Projects with PRINCE2'
- Two days of classroom training using accelerated learning techniques and expert tutor guidance leading to the PRINCE2 Foundation exam
PRINCE2 is aimed at project managers and aspiring project managers. It is also relevant to other key staff involved in the design, development and delivery of projects, including: Project Board members (e.g. Senior Responsible Owners), Team Managers (e.g. Product Delivery Managers), Project Assurance (e.g. Business Change Analysts), Project Support (e.g. Project and Programme Office personnel) and operational line managers/staff.
- No pre-requisites are necessary for this course, however, you would benefit from having some basic project management experience prior to attending.
- You must bring photographic identification on exam days (passport, driving license or student card) as it is an examination requirement to produce it for the invigilator prior to the exam. Failure to produce a valid form of photographic identification may result in a candidate not being able to sit the exams. For any questions about what form of identification is acceptable, please contact your Account Manager .
- Additional work will be required during evenings consisting of consolidation reading, mock examination questions and exercises. This evening work is an integral part of the course and you should expect to spend 2 hours each evening on these activities.
Pre course reading
- Delegates will be provided with a number of short activities to complete, including access to QA's interactive video-based learning, that will help you prepare for the course. These activities are expected to take approximately six hours to complete (although you may wish to spend longer to help you prepare more effectively)
Delegates will learn how to:
- Demonstrate that they understand and can recall the various components of the PRINCE2 method
- Explain the PRINCE2 principles
- Explain the purpose of the seven PRINCE2 themes
- Describe each step of the PRINCE2 journey, listing the activities required to guide a project throughout its lifecycle
- Identify the recommended PRINCE2 management products which include baselines, records and reports
The course focuses on the components of the method and how they help to structure project delivery. Delegates should note that evening work will be assigned which is not expected to exceed two hours per night.
Specific course content will include:
- PRINCE2 Overview
- The structure of the method and the guide will be introduced before we discuss the context within which a PRINCE2 project operates.
- The seven PRINCE2 principles provide the framework for managing the project and are built on good practice developed from successful and failed projects.
- Themes and Processes
The seven PRINCE2 themes are aspects of the project that must be continually addressed and integrated as the project journeys through its life cycle.
- Business Case
The seven PRINCE2 processes encompass the chronological activities that are required to direct, manage and deliver the project successfully. The activities include pre-project, initiation and delivery, and end with project closure.
- Starting up a Project
- Directing a Project
- Initiating a Project
- Controlling a Stage
- Managing Product Delivery
- Managing a Stage Boundary
- Closing a Project
Examination Details - Foundation
- Duration - 60 minutes
- Questions (OTQ) - 60
- Pass mark - 55%
- Use of textbook- No
- Timing- End of day two
PRINCE2® is a [registered] trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
The Swirl logo™ is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.